Our vision is to be an iconic girls' boarding school, offering the highest quality teaching and learning, pastoral care and a breadth of opportunities to those who will benefit from them the most.
St Mary's Calne is a leading girls' boarding and day school in the UK. Our aims are clear, focused and forward-thinking: we develop in young women the academic and moral strength for them to become bold, resourceful, well-balanced individuals who have the capacity to lead and shape our modern world.Moreover we aim to:
• Deliver a broad and balanced curriculum with innovative teaching and learning and highly professional staff who aim to exceed the expectations of girls and parents, resulting in excellent academic outcomes for girls which go well beyond examination and which will motivate, challenge, encourage and inspire them.
• Provide a first rate boarding experience and extra-curricular opportunities of great breadth and quality which will enable each girl to grow in experience, wisdom and understanding.
• Focus on the individual wellbeing of every girl through a highly supportive and warm pastoral environment which will enable each girl to grow in kindness, open-mindedness, integrity, resilience, flexibility, wisdom and empathy.
• Remain single-sex and limit our numbers so that we can continue to provide a diverse range of personalised opportunities and an individually tailored education of the highest quality.
• Recognise all kinds of achievement and success, including outstanding academic results, while placing value on effort and improvement throughout a girl’s time at the school so that girls have the confidence to strive for high standards.
• Provide an excellent environment for living and learning, featuring modern, high-quality classroom, spaces, boarding house accommodation and other facilities, adapted to the changing needs of girls, and a day-to-day experience of the school for girls that reflects our aim of quality in all that we do.
• Be an outward-facing organisation, valuing our networks, developing our independent and state school partnerships, our role in the community and giving our girls a sense of responsibility and service to others; be recognised for what we do so that we can build a culture of philanthropy to help us sustain our objectives.
The school uses the CEM Select entrance exam to assess admissions. CEM Select includes particular questions types, covering Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning and Mathematics, often paired with a CEM English paper. It is particularly important to practise the Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning modules, as the precise type of question varies across different exam boards.
We work with the test experts at Ready Steady Pass, to bring you the most accurate and best value CEM Selet practise material. These exams are audited by AQA and EdExcel exam markers, and ISI independent school inspectors. Tests aretaken online, include unlimited resits and emailed results including answer sheets to share with tutors and parents.
Each individual exam contains a full CEM Select experience, covering Maths, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning; and includes a CEM style English exam as standard. Buy the Bundle or Complete Collection to get the best value for money.
Click below to create your Ready Steady Pass account and start your revision journey.
£24.99 for 1 exam
£59.99 for 3 exams
£99.99 for all 5 exams
What questions can I expect?
CEM Select assesses Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning and Mathematics. However, many schools choose to partner CEM Select with an English assessment. Every Ready Steady Pass preparation exam includes a complimentary, complete English assessment as standard.
CEM Select tests are largely multiple choice, but also include fill-in-the-blanks and drag and drop question types. Which are included in all Ready Steady Pass preparation tests.